- Freetail Brewing Co.: Independently owned and operated. The official home of the American Outlaws viewing parties for the Women’s World Cup. Features Freetail beer and a variety of food. The food offerings boast some delicious pizza, that can also be made into calzones, salads, sandwiches, and assorted bar foods. There is indoor and outdoor seating with indoor and outdoor TVs. The environment is kid friendly. There are a few TVs inside with a large screen with a projector.
About us : We started out at our original brewpub on a used 15-barrel brew house held together by duct tape and determination. That original brewery is still kicking out fresh, innovate beers while our new, state of the art production brewery and tasting room on S Presa brews all of the beer we distribute. We don’t make the claim of being the hoppiest, funkiest, strongest or “anything-est” brewery… but we do pride ourselves on making great beer backed an open, honest and transparent business philosophy. FREETAIL’S BREWING CO BREW PUB is open 7 days a week and is located on 4035 N. Loop 1604 #105, San Antonio, Texas 78257, Brewpub KITCHEN Hours: Monday-Wednesday 11am-10pm • Thursday-Saturday 11am-11pm • Sundays Noon-10pm, Brewpub BAR Hours: Monday-Saturday 11am-Midnight • Sundays Noon-Midnight
Pros: This is a prime spot for USNT games and will have a great atmosphere, you will be surrounded by fans. There is good service. The mediterranean salad is tasty.
Cons: Because this is a popular venue, make sure to arrive early to secure a table. With a projector the color is not always crisp during the day games. It can also be difficult to hear the games.
- Anchor Bar: Family origins with limited franchises, staying true to the Buffalo origins. Will be sure to have all the games not just USWNT games on any of their 20+ TVS. It is one of the few places where you can see a game of any national team you support. Their wings are some of the best in the city. Indoor and outdoor seating with plenty of TVs outdoors. Family friendly environment.
About us: On March 4th, 1964, Dominic Bellissimo was tending bar at the now-famous Anchor Bar Restaurant in Buffalo, NY. Late that evening, a group of Dominic’s friends arrived at the bar with ravenous appetites. Dominic asked his mother, Teressa, to prepare something for his friends to eat.
They looked like chicken wings, a part of the chicken that usually went into the stock pot for soup. Teressa had deep fried the wings and flavored them with a secret sauce. The wings were an instant hit and it didn’t take long for people to flock to the bar to experience their new taste sensation. From that evening on, Buffalo Wings became a regular part of the menu at the Anchor Bar.
The phenomenon created in 1964 by Teressa Bellissimo has spread across the globe. Although many have tried to duplicate the Buffalo wing, the closely guarded secret recipe is what makes Frank & Teressa’s the proclaimed “Best Wings in the World”.
Pro: Can see the game crisply and clearly. Can hear the game with no problem. Good service. Plenty of seating due to a larger environment. If you have a large party they are able to accommodate you. You can see the game easily from any seat in the restaurant.
Con: Depending on the game and time the atmosphere can be quieter, but for a popular game it can be exciting.
- Walk-Ons: Chain restaurant that promotes themselves as a game day experience with a taste of Louisiana. An extensive menu with a variety of bar favorites and more varied offerings from salads, wraps and apps to seafood, po’ boys, and bistreaux specialties. Family friendly. Spacious for groups. Partners with SAFC and hosted an official watch party for 2018 Men’s World Cup final.
About us: There’s really no better way to describe the uniqueness of Walk-On’s Bistreaux & Bar. We start every dish from scratch and use fresh ingredients to bring our mouthwatering, Cajun cuisine to life. And whether you’re here for dinner with the family, date night, cocktails with the girls or to watch a game on the big screen, we’re always happy to share our Louisiana culture with you.
Pros: a vast menu to suit the taste of everyone in your family. A good crowded atmosphere for an official watch party.
Cons: Sexism is alive as female servers are in skimpy outfits and the male servers are in t-shirts. The staff was not prepared for the Men’s World Cup watch party even though RSVPs were required so they could have enough notice to prepare. It took almost the entire 90 minute match to get food and then they ran out of the most basic food to prepare, pancakes. You could hear servers and kitchen staff arguing. Management did not even apologize for the delay or offer any compensation. The arrangement of TVs is awkward so be sure to stake out a spot and ask for it. Audio is poor and can only be heard in certain places. If it’s crowded don’t expect to hear much if anything.
- Flying Saucer: has the best and freshest food. One of the largest selections of beer in the city, you will find tasty unique beers. Dining is indoor and outdoor with TVs only being indoors. A true pub atmosphere.
About us: Flying Saucer Draught Emporium founded in 1995. Offers a wide variety of imported and domestic quality craft beers, and a full pub menu. We offer more than 240 beers with more than 100 different brewing styles. Each store has it’s own unique atmosphere and style but the same great quality you’d expect from a Saucer. Come visit us and try something new.
Pros: Possibly the best food with a beer selection for the biggest beer aficionado. Perfect place for the person who doesn’t need audio, but is looking for a good place to go with friends.
Cons: Limited TVs all inside, rarely do they play the audio for the game. May have US games on, but not necessarily any of the other games. The female servers wear shorter skirts, but there is more self-expression and choice in their wardrobe. I have seen them in a variety of outfits including t-shirts.
- Lion and the Rose: Food truly reflects a British menu, scotch eggs, Irish philly, bangers and mash, fish n chips, and more. This is the location that many fans of the English Premier League go to for game day. They have special days and plan to show many of the World Cup games. Indoor and outdoor seating.
About us: Since the day we opened, The Lion & Rose Restaurant & Pub in San Antonio has been known for our authentic pub atmosphere. We are proud to have recreated the classic British experience right here in South Central Texas, while adding a few unique touches that we are sure you will appreciate! Pubs aren’t just about drinking. A true British pub, unlike many area bars, is a place to gather for a great meal, warm conversation, good music and fine spirits. That’s exactly what you’ll find at The Lion & Rose.
Pros: a good soccer atmosphere with staff catering to soccer fans. In the running for SA Express News Readers Choice awards for: Best Place for a Cold Beer, Brunch,Happy Hour, Hamburgers, Late Night Dining, Outdoor/Patio Restaurant, Sports Bar
Cons: may not have all the games, but will show all key games and some others. Limited TVs.
*Please call ahead if you have a specific game you want to watch.